Like most Parent Teacher Associations, our aim is to enhance the children’s experience of school. The SPSA is a registered charity and regularly raises around £28,000 a year, which has been spent on improving equipment and resources in the school as well as paying for some of the “extras” that the local authority can’t provide. All parents and carers are automatically members of the SPSA when their child attends the school but what really makes a difference is having active members.
The SPSA is about much more than just fundraising. The range of events we organise helps provide closer links between home and school and provide a positive way to bring staff, parents and pupils together socially in support of the school community.
Check out our latest weekly newsletter (11 Dec 2017) and SPSA calendar to find out what SPSA is up to and join us.
The current committee members are as follows:
Individual Committee roles
- Chair / Fete Coordination – Sarah Parkinson*
- Co-Chair / Sponsorship / Fete Coordination – Michaella Standen
- Co-Chair / Newsletters / Panto & IFE – Alex Broadbent
- Treasurer – Cheryl Toolan*
- Co-Treasurer – Claire Collins
- Immediate Past Chair / Xmas Cards – Angela McHale
- Secretary (Minutes) – Gill Garner
- Sunflower Newsletter – Kat Alaam-Jones*
- Raffle / Grants – Michele Bolam*
- Art Coordinator / Grants – Jill Ward*
- Car Boot coordinator – Charlie Cook
- PR Coordinator – Will Peacock
Non-Committee roles / SPSA Project areas:
- Catering Coordinator – Lorea Hoye
- Volunteer Coordinator / Vouchers – Sue Henderson
- Xmas Bazaar Co-ordinators –Anna Symonds
- Recycling Coordinator – Margie Clements
- Uniform Sales – Teresa Presa
- SPSA and Car Boot Website updates – Belen Navarro