Vacancy for a Headteacher
Job Salary £69,821 (L19) – £90,186 (L31) – Group 3 School
Contract Type/Term Full Time/Permanent
Closing Date Monday 4th March at 12 Noon
Start Date September 2019
This exciting opportunity has become available due to the retirement of our current headteacher and we are searching for a committed, enthusiastic school leader with a desire to develop an outstanding learning environment.
The ideal candidate will be a current headteacher, deputy or senior leader with an understanding of, and ability to demonstrate, how to achieve outstanding teaching across the key stages whilst also displaying a real passion for learning.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven and demonstrable strategic leadership and management skills in a similar environment
- An excellent track record in school improvement
- Passion, innovation and energy to develop and lead our school in partnership with staff, pupils, parents, carers and governors
- The ability to build on our current ‘good’ Ofsted with clarity of thought to lead us in our endeavours to become ‘outstanding’
- High expectations of pupil achievements and behavior whilst ensuring all pupils reach their full potential
In return we offer:
- A successful and dynamic school, with a strong culture based on a diverse local community
- Dedicated, talented and hardworking staff that care about the school and its children
- A supportive and encouraging Governing Body
- An active and engaged parent/carers association
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Visits are planned for the 25th or 27th February 2019, please contact Sheila McCabe at the Southfield Primary School Office to arrange an appointment. Tel: 020 8994 6173 or 020 8742 3127.
Please complete the application form (below) and send it to the school address (Southfield Primary School, Southfield Road, Bedford Park, LONDON, W4 1BD) or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently do not have any vacancies for teachers but are always interested in meeting prospective new colleagues.
PROSPECTIVE TEACHER TOURS
Wednesday 6 February 2019, 9:30-10:30am
Thursday 25 April 2019, 9:30-10:30am
For more information or to book places on one of the tours, please contact the school office.
We like having new members of staff and have a good induction programme to support them. If you would like to be added to our recruitment mailing list please send us your information using the following forms:
Your personal data will be kept on file by us and used to notify you of vacancies at Southfield Primary School. We will not pass your details on to any third party and you may request to be removed from our lists at any time by emailing or writing to Sheila McCabe, Southfield Primary School, Southfield Road, London W4 1BD.
Southfield Key facts
- Primary School with 454 pupils (including Nursery).
- 40 place Nursery (15 in the morning, 15 in the afternoon and 10 full-time places).
- We are often full with a waiting list.
- 18 teaching staff
Site and location:
- Set in the Garden Suburb of Bedford Park, Chiswick. Chiswick is perfect for those who want the advantages of the capital but don’t want to work in the hustle and bustle of a busy city. Chiswick is safe, quiet, affluent and full of leafy green areas.
- Atmospheric and attractive Edwardian School opened in 1906
- Easily accessible, good road links with the M4 to Heathrow, the M25 and North and South Circular Roads. Good public transport links and in walking distance of Turnham Green and Chiswick Park tube station
- March 2014 – School inspected and good in all categories.
- 2015 – The School wins £1000 in the Key Stage 2 category of the Pupil Premium Awards.
- 2016 The School gains Silver accreditation in the School Travel Plan.
- 2017 The School gains Gold accreditation in the School Travel Plan.
- 2018 The School gains Gold accreditation in the School Travel Plan.
- June 2018 – Ofsted return! Good in all categories – particular emphasis on how the School has concentrated its efforts on quality learning and teaching and how it develops and celebrates teachers’ skills