For every child, we aim to provide a happy, nurturing community which inspires them to learn and to be their best.
At Southfield we value:
Our SIP priorities for 2017-2018 are:
- to further embed the school’s vision and values by widening the curriculum through better teaching of British Values and the PSHE curriculum;
- to improve reading outcomes by developing the teaching and learning of reading skills across the school;
- to improve writing outcomes by ensuring better coverage of writing skills and applying them across the curriculum;
- to develop maths teaching and learning through consistency of practice, even better curriculum coverage and more use of practical apparatus;
- to close the attainment gap for specific underachieving groups i.e. Disadvantaged, Disadvantaged White British and SEN/D through developing interventions, parental/carer involvement and robust assessment.